Hope you are acquainted with the syllabus of UPSC Mains GS 4, it states that “This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life” basically question will be based upon the practical situations and case studies.
- You can not learn these things from books or magazines, as it’s not a theoretical knowledge.
- It is based on practical experiences so to prepare for this section go through the books given below.
- These books will give you an idea about the questions don’t except that exact question in the examination.
- There is no need to mug up anything just go through these books and develop an idea for the topics.
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude English for Civil Services Examination by G.Subba Rao
First of all, we would like to mention the book written by G. Subba Rao (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude English for Civil Services Examination) this book highly popular among the aspirants, With regular revision and updates over the past years, the book has become indispensable for civil service aspirants.
Features of the book
- 27 core chapters covering the entire spectrum of the syllabus
- 25 Case Studies in a separate chapter
- Over 50 Case Studies interspersed within the text
- Chapter-end Summary
- Practice Questions at the end of each chapter
- A new chapter titled Ethical and Moral Conundrums’
- A completely rewritten chapter on Political Attitudes
- Fully Solved Ethics Question Papers (2013-2017)
All we can say that this book is more than enough to cover the syllabus and you need not buy or look around for other sources It’s an all in one package.
Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude
So apart from the book mentioned above, there is one more popular book available in the market. if you are running out of time and want to finish the syllabus than follow this one. The book is written by Niraj Kumar and is famous for its brief explanation of the concepts along with easy to understand language.
Although there is an issue with the paper quality of the book and is being published by Chronical. So if you have less time to cover up the syllabus than only buy this book. Otherwise, G.Subba Rao should be your first preference.
Apart from the books mentioned above, you can also follow the Michael Sandel justice lecture videos available on Youtube. Hope this article is able to solve your queries, if not then let us know in the comment section below.
- CSAT Paper 1 Books
- CSAT Paper 2 Books
- Compulsory English Books
- Essay Books
- GS 1 Mains Books
- GS 2 Mains Books
- GS 3 Mains Books
- GS 4 Mains Books